Deacons are the hands and feet of the church. They pray for and minister to the church body as well as to those in need in the community. They provide important care to those in need, those going through illness or loss, and genuinely care for those they shepherd. Our Deacons are Joanne Aller, Kay Odegaard, Norma Nelson, Janet Bluhm, Sally Nehring, Laura Hewett, Judy Wilson, Melyssa Carter, Mike & Harriet Dwyer, Peg Warren, Pat Patrick, and Walt King.
Our Session leaders are our church elders. They help guide the growth of the church and make decisions in regards to how the church runs and operates. Our Elders are Chuck Emerick, Rose Erickson, Don Wilson, J. Vander Stoep, Lee Coumbs, Randy Howlett, Linda Prosser, Jennifer Woodford, Mike Dwyer, Kaye Hubbert, Mike Schieffer, Robert Wheeler and Guy Warren.
GET IN THE GAME – Opportunities to Serve:
BUILDING AND GROUNDS needs participants help with one or more of the following, you choose: 1. Planning/ decision making – once a month 2. Various projects – inside and or outside 3. Landscape/grounds maintenance 4. Assisting maintenance person, set up /take down for special occasions
DEACONS: A deacon provides care in various creative ways for the people assigned to them.
WORSHIP: We have opportunities each Sunday for 3 families to help with Fellowship time that immediately follows service.
FINANCE: If you like working with money in any capacity, we are looking for you!!!
IT: help to determine WPC’s technology needs/solutions.
- Sound Board/Video Tech: We would like to teach you to work with sound/video during the Sunday sermon.
MOCC: If you enjoy working in missions or you want to work in missions to help support what WPC currently does and to help us expand into other mission opportunities then look no further.
NURSERY is looking for volunteers that like to work with children birth to 3 years of age 3 on an AS NEEDED BASIS – Called on a pre-arranged date or in case of illness.
WELCOMING: We desire to be a welcoming church as people visit. We help to get people connected so they stay. We focus on outreach & how we can be welcoming outside our church walls, as well as how to bring others to our church.
CYF: Love planning, giving ideas, and finding solutions – we need you on our CYF Commission! We are GROWING and need to be ready!
- Materials Preparation: Love kids, but don’t want to work with them? Then, this position is for you! Come in during the week anytime and gather list of items on lesson plan and put the supplies in classrooms. EASY!
- KidsConnect Teacher/Helper: volunteers needed to rotate on Sunday mornings from 9:00-9:45 teaching prepared curriculum or being a helper to the teacher. Materials are prepared for you.
- EMERGE TEAM: Volunteers who enjoy being around 6th grade and up youth needed to rotate on a weekly basis to either teach a life skill, lead a craft, teach a bible lesson from prepared curriculum (or a personal devotional), lead music, provide food and drinks, or lead games/activities.
- VBS TEAM: VBS is scheduled for June 26 – 29 and it’s time to prepare. Help with planning/directing, crafts, science experiments, food preparation, activities/games, music, videos, bible lessons, set up, clean up, etc. All materials will be prepared for you – just show up and help us at Maker’s Fun Factory – Created by God, Built for a Purpose.
Prayer Team: If you enjoy praying for the needs of our congregation then our prayer team is the place for you. When needs arise the prayer team is alerted so that you can individually pray for those needs.
Personnel: If you are a person who understands work environments, policies & procedures, and other issues that arise with personnel matters, as well as the importance of confidentiality, then your gifts are welcome on Personnel.